Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Snowcloud in the middle of the summer



This is an impulsive project, but I start to believe that these turn out the best... I am in the middle of testing another shawl - the Sunset Shawl. I will tell You the story of it, once the testing is complete, as I want to shoot a few more nicer photos, but here's a sneak-peak:
This is a colorful lace shawl, and my test knitters are trying out some very attractive color combinations, too. One of my favorites at this moment is a light white to beige color combination in a Scandinavian yarn called "Plötulopi". I have never tried it, but I love the look so much, that I ordered some of that yarn just last night....

The thing is, that I am an unbelievably impatient person, and I kept going through my stash again and again till I came up with something that is somewhat satisfying me till my Plötulopi arrives. I decided to use a light blue lace weight merino in combination with white kid-mohair for the body - the look is nearly glowing! I have a few options on how to go for the border with either changing the light blue to a slightly darker shade, or, most likely, I will change the white mohair to grey and keep the blue. Despite the generous size of this shawl (my first version measures over 2m wingspan), this is a very fast knit. The body knits up very quick, and the border offers enough interest not to get bored with it. This shawl will be done in no time.

No comments:

Post a Comment