Monday, April 11, 2011

A Diamond For A Girl

Diamond for a Girl is a simple shawl with a lace edging featuring unusual diamonds. This is the perfect everyday shawl for all those, who love lace, but usually tend to keep it in the closet till 'special occasion'.... well, I do that, too, I have to shamefully admit (and promise myself to wear one of those next chance I have :)). So I designed this shawl - simple, feminine, classy, with just enough of lace at it's border to add that special something you are looking for. The pattern comes in various sizes, you might want to go a size up or down depending on the yarn weight you use. Despite the fact that most of the shawl is a simple stockinette stitch, I would say this pattern is for those, who have already done at least one lace project. The pattern is not difficult per say, but it does require a good amount of concentration at certain rows, thus adding a bit of a challenge and interest after all that mindless stockinette.... This pattern is for sale and you can  for $3.50 as a downloadable pdf file. You can also find Diamond for a Girl on Ravelry - this pattern has been test-knitted and there are a few projects of other knitters to see this done in different yarns and sizes.
I hope You enjoy knitting it! And I really appreciate all the shared projects - they give great inspiration!



No comments:

Post a Comment