Monday, July 16, 2012

Chocolate ice cream recipe

Home made chocolate ice cream
Slightly melted, but we have
43`C here today...
I just made it and it is one of the best chocolate ice creams I have had... seriously! So I thought I'd share.

* I came up with this as I was reading a collection of ice cream recipes that I have. I wanted a chocolate one, but I wanted it to be really rich and creamy - none of the ones I had seamed to be that way.... so here's what I did...


This is just the perfect amount for Krups ice cream maker - that's the one I have.

What I used:

250 ml full fat milk
250 g sweet cream 35%
100 g sugar
3 egg yolks (keep the whites for macaroons ;))
100g of dark chocolate, in little 'chips' although anything that's in little peaces would work


What I did:

Put the milk to heat slowly (don't boil it!) and beat egg yolks with sugar til they are white and creamy with no more sugar visible. Slowly add hot milk to it while stirring it in continuously. Then put the mixture back into pot and slowly heat to 85`C. (Use kitchen thermometer! If you go past this temperature, the ice cream won't be nice.) Mix in chocolate and stir until it's completely melted. After that, empty the mixture in a container that will be easy to later store in refrigerator and let it cool. Then stir in sweet cream and place it in refrigerator for at least 12 hours. After that, put it in your ice cream maker! It took me about 30-ish minutes to freeze. That's it!

No comments:

Post a Comment