Thursday, June 23, 2011

A dyeing adventure on a moody day

I just finished a project yesterday (that I am still processing) and I was feeling kind of down this morning. In other words, I needed a new project. While going through my stash, I found this yarn that I've had for ... at least 7 years. That is nearly as long as I live in Greece, one of the oldest yarns in my current stash. Beige, but not pretty beige. It's a 50/50 mix of wool and acrylic purchased in a LYS (local yarn store). I hardly ever use acrylic anymore, but I decided to play around with it. And here is what I got:
Thanks to acrylic, the colors are slightly dull, and a bit... melange? I love it! Now I surely will knit something with it!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, great idea, to play with its color! Of course now you can use it and make something beautiful! Well done :)

    ReplyDelete