Thursday, March 3, 2011

Crochet Earrings with Silk

While working on big projects, sometimes taking a break is a really good thing. I needed a diversion, so yesterday, while looking at my yarn stash, I came up with this brilliant idea to use up some of that beautiful, multicolored silk I have..... after a few tries I ended up with these:
Granny Square Earrings:
The good old granny square looks really nice in shiny silk. Add some sterling silver ear wires, and - voila!
Japanese Star Earrings:
This is a really good way to try nice, small patterns!
Leaf or teardrop style earrings:

Use the "crab" stitch for a neat finish!
And simple round lacy earrings:
They are all available at my etsy shop: http://www.silverliningknits.etsy.comThe biggest challenge today was taking the photos, since we have not seen sun for a while here and light is very tricky.....
Cheers,
Inese, SLK

No comments:

Post a Comment